AussieWalk IVV (AussieWalk) is a not-for-profit association, run by volunteers with the goals of:
(a) encouraging public health through non-competitive walking;
(b) providing opportunities for social engagement for people of all ages, ability and background;
(c) fostering international friendship; and
(d) organising and administering the IVV award program within Australia as a National Member of the IVV.
(e) organise and administer the IML Walking Association program and awards for member events within Australia.
Within Australia, participation in the following activities may earn you credit as part of the IVV award program:
- Annual Aussie Peace Walk (previously Canberra Walking Festival, renamed in 2021) – an internationally recognised, non-competitive walking event, with participants of all ages from around Australia and the World. The next event will be held on 26-27 March 2022, with a number of pre-event walks also offered. The IVV and IML stamp is included in your entry for the event.
- Walking For Pleasure walks – group walks are held on every day of the week in the ACT, except Mondays. There is no charge for IVV stamp for Walking For Pleasure members. Visitors are welcome but will be required to pay the standard IVV fee to obtain the stamp.
- parkrun Australia – with 340+ weekly 5km parkruns/parkwalks across Australia. Sign up for free and join the AussieWalk “club” to get free credit for any parkrun completed in Australia. Don’t forget your parkrun barcode.
- Heart Foundation Walking – join any Heart Foundation Walking (HFW) group across Australia and get free credit for any HFW walks that are greater than 5km. You will also need to join the AussieWalk group so we have visibility of your completed walks.
- AussieWalk IVV events for World Walking Day in May and St Nicholas Day in December (details published in the Walking For Pleasure Calendar and on the AussieWalk Facebook page). There is no charge for the IVV stamp for these walks, but a donation is usually collected for the Heart Foundation.
- Complete any of the AussieWalk sanctioned permanent trails across Australia, in your own time. The IVV stamp will be provided upon payment of the nominated walk fee.
- Undertake any organised Australian charity or challenge event (eg Mothers’ Day Classic, Bloody Long Walk, 7 Bridges Walk or Gold Coast Marathon etc) or multi-day walking tour (organised by a registered/licenced tour company). There is no additional cost to sanction the event and only the standard walk fee is paid for the IVV stamp. Evidence of participation is needed.
More information about the IVV and the award program is provided in the FAQ – Prospective IVV Walkers and Summary of IVV Benefits and Opportunities (including the benefits of AussieWalk IVV membership).